Friday, October 2, 2009

What month is this again??????

Well, it seems that I have been going non-stop since my last posting.

I have lots of goodies canned and I will be canning some more next week:) Soooooo far, I have canned salsa, apple butter, tomato juice, tomato sauce and a few other goodies. I have zucchini and corn frozen as well. I want to can sauerkraut, apple pie filling, pumpkin butter and maybe try my hand at some freezer jam. I should have that done within the next week or so.

Started back to school and I really like it. The students and faculty are very friendly at the new college. I am thinking about changing my major AGAIN. Why is it so hard for me to figure out what I wanna do when I grow up. LOL I will get myself straightened around sometime this semester.

I have been helping with the planning of the wedding...........did I mention before that my one son's is getting married? Well, so far I have the hall paid for and all of the decorations, table service, etc. taken care of. I am going to have sooooo much fun decorating the hall:) Carrie's (my future DIL) mom is baking the wedding cake, which comes in handy because she makes cakes for a living:) All we have left to get is the drinks and food for the reception. Since I'm a licensed minister I will be performing the wedding as well.

I got the bathroom repainted (well Jon actually painted) and I got the wallpaper border up. All I have left to do in there is get the new flooring down. Isn't it amazing how just doing a few minor things to a room can totally transform it. After the bathroom is finished, the kitchen will be next:)

I feel like I have a lot on my plate right now, it seems like the months are running together. While I'm thinking about it, this is October......right?

3 comments:

Jane said...

Good morning!

Thank you for your recent comments on my blog. I have bookmarked yours and will be back to visit. That is neat that you can - I believe that you are the only person under the age of 40 who cans! It's a skill that I wish I had learned. What are you thinking about changing your major to? Good luck!

Jane

Rita said...

My son Dagan and Leah eloped. (Well, I knew about it, but didn't tell--hehe!) So I wasn't there. But then they had a party after the fact later on. I dearly love Leah and I hope your DIL is as much of a sheer blessing as mine is! :):)

Kelli said...

Jane: Thank you for your kind words! I will try to post regularly so that I won't disappoint you:) Hmmm, I hope I not one of the only younguns that can. That is sad that we as a society have gotten away of our simpler roots.

I think I am going to change my major to PTA. I was told a long time ago by a very wise person that I was a healer. So we will see where this takes me:)

Rita: I do enjoy my dil (well not yet technically but what the hay, I might as well say she is my dil) very much. She makes me laugh on a daily basis.