Monday, November 2, 2009

The best things in life aren't usually planned.....

Well, we had the halloween/reception party..........we invited well over 100 people and the majority of them said they were coming for sure.



Right.



I had a bad feeling, should have listened to myself, but of course I'm not a pessimist by nature soooooo I ignored my inner spirit screaming at me. Only about 20 people showed up and the bride's mother didn't even show up until 8pm (the party ended at 9pm) with the cake, ate some food (that I provided) and left. Not to mention, when we went in front of the jodge, he wouldn't approve Carrie and Jeremy getting married. *Read previous post titled "Road Trip"* Needless to say, there was a lot of people that I wasn't happy with.

On a positive note, the place we rented looked AWESOME. I will post pictures when I can. Also, Carrie and Jeremy are getting married this Friday in PA. I love finding loopholes and getting around governmental control:) LOL The only good thing that came out of Carrie's mom being there was the cake. I actually looked beautiful as well.

My point is this, sometimes we can plan and plan and plan to our heart's content on how we want things to turn out but sometimes it doesn't turn out that way. When life throws you a curveball, you have to accept it and be able to go with the way the wind blows. Just maybe, things will turn out better that what you had imagined:)

I want to leave you with a quote tonight that my son told me and it pretty much sums up how I feel sometimes. "Judge me if you want, we are all going to die...... but I intend to deserve it."

4 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Kelli,

I am sorry that your party was so poorly attended. Good luck with the wedding! I'm sure that all will turn out well,

Jane

Lisa said...

I read your profile...I am a home school mom too. Thank you so much for your kind words. Even though my father was sick because of NONE smokers lung cancer I never expected him to die. I still can't believe it! It is so hard and I miss him terribly.

Also, read your post...I have a 17 year old son too...I will have to go back and read more. I'm not sure on how to respond to a marriage for someone so young...I think I would give it a NO!! if my son came to me and asked to get married. Pregnant or not

I am so very sorry the mother of the bride didn't come until 8 how very nasty I couldn't imagine doing that to my daughter young or not ~

Good luck with everything and good luck to the bride and groom.

Take care, Lisa

Lisa said...

PS ~ Also sorry only 20 people came to the party...THAT STINKS!!!
Sometimes you just have to say the people that where meant to be there were there ant that is that.

Still a bummer!

Kelli said...

Jane, thank you for your kind words. I love your blog btw!

Lisa: Thank you for your kind words as well. I understand your feelings about the whole being 17 and wanting to get married, but he is young and knows everything. (wink) Besides, I was 17 when I got married and who am I to judge.......