Friday, March 7, 2008

Uses of vinegar

I was originally going to post different uses of vinegar on my blog today BUT I got to reading some other stuff and got off track......see previous post. LOL

Anyway, no harm in going ahead and posting the info,eh?

Tip 1: To make hard boiled eggs super easy to shell, add 2 Tbsps of white vinegar to a 4 quart pot of water before you bring it to boil.

Tip 2: To clean a drain. Add 1 cup baking soda and then 1 cup of white vinegar. Let sit for a few minutes and follow it with a couple of cups of boiling water.

Tip 3: To get rid of the onion order from your hands. Just rub your hands with some white vinegar.

Tip 4: To clean a hair brush, soak it in white vinegar.

Tip 5: All purpose window cleaner. A couple of ounces of white vinegar in a quart of water.

Here is an awesome website with lots of uses for vinegar: http://www.vinegartips.com/

Lastly, here is a recipe the boys and I like to make. It gives tuna a bit of a zing to it!

Can of tuna, mayo of your choice, and a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Mix all together. Chill and enjoy!

Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

White Hot Magik said...

I use white vinegar a lot too. In the wash, in my rinse water for my dishes. As a general cleaner. I am going to have to try the tuna thing, there is always something missing when we make it at home.

Todd said...

We use white vinegar primarily in the rinse cycle of the dishwasher. Sometimes we also use it as window cleaner. Works great! :-) I've heard it also works as a fabric softener in the washing machine. I never noticed any difference personally.

Celticspirit said...

great vinegar tips. The only one of those that I've tried is for the cleaning of windows and it works great. It's good for use on those wooden looking laminate floors also and leaves no streaks.

Kelli said...

Leucantha, you'll love the tuna that way!

Rambleman, yes it works excellent in the washer as a fabric softner as well. Can't even smell the vinegar. LOL I also add a few drops of lavender oil to the vinegar too:)

Mrs. F said...

I use vinegar on my toenails. Before I apply polish I rub some vinegar on the toenail and let it dry. It helps the polish stay on longer.

These are handy tips. I love the one about the drain with the baking soda. It works for me!

Elizabeth said...

I looooove vinegar in my chips. *snickers* Seriously! I can eat an entire bag of Salt and Vinegar chips in one sitting. I might be sick after, but I could do it. ;)