Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally got it done!


Ok, so I FINALLY got my desk done. I love how it turned out! I had originally bought it for $1.99 at a thrift store. I spent about $9.00 (give or take) for spray paint and about $4.00 for the new knobs. I had the modge podge, gold paint, cut out scraps (for the top of the desk) and polyurethane. So the grand total of this craft adventure is: $14.99. Looks pretty awesome, eh? I love the colors and couldn't be happier. I love decoupaging. It's like putting a puzzle together:)
I'm trying to finish up a scarf for my one son's girlfriend along with a couple of other crochet projects. Thennnnnnn, I'll work on decoupaging my two end tables that I recently painted. Those are gonna turn out awesome as well!
Decoupaging is a fun and easy craft anyone can do. A friend recently said "If you can paste something to something else, you can decoupage." I couldn't agree more!
Here are some links to get you started on the path to decoupaging:
http://www.wikihow.com/Decoupage (this link is also a basic how to article)
And
(this link is a wonderful collection of decoupage crafts to get your feet wet!)
Lastly, I wanted to share with you a recipe I made the other night. It's a Shepard's pie of my own recipe:)
Easy Shepard's Pie
2 cans of mushroom gravy
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or ground turkey)
3 cups of instant mashed potatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese
Brown ground beef and drain. Pour into a oblong pan or oven proof casserole dish. Mix mushroom gravy into the ground beef. While you are doing the previous step, you need to be making enough instant potatoes for 3 cups. After you have the potatoes ready, spread on top of the beef mixture. Put a layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top and then sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Until I post again, I hope everyone has a safe and happy week!
Slainte~

6 comments:

Todd said...

Yep, you did a good job on that desk. Looks awesome! :-)

White Hot Magik said...

Looks good. I love crafting, been known to decopage a little but my painting skills aren't as nice as that...

Anonymous said...

Kelli--I love, love, love your desk project. Can you tell me more about the "decals"? You said they are cutouts from somewhere but they look so uniform and alike, almost like lace or something (from what I can seen on the front). Thanks!
Jami in WA

Anonymous said...

Kelli: I love your desk...it's great! Can you tell me more about the "decals" and where you got them? They seem so uniform and alike but you mentioned them being cutouts, not sure what that is. Thanks!
Jami in WA

Kelli said...

Hey Jami! They are regular cutouts from magazines, calendars, etc. When I'm cutting them out, I like to cut them in funking shapes:) LOL Thank you everyone for the compliments!

Anonymous said...

Kelli,

The desk looks fabulous. I was thinking that before I even read what a thrifty project it was for you.

You have a wonderful eye for flair...

Chris
ctmom05@yahoo.com